I found this book tag on Keep Reading Forward and thought it seemed like fun, so I pinched it!
1. Answer the questions below
2. Credit the creator Jamie @ALittleSliceofJamie
Tag at least 5 people
4. Have fun!
1. Where do you typically write your blog posts?
On my sofa, normally while listening to music or watching whatever I’ve recorded on my TV box. Probably house building shows lol! Currently watching Treehouse Masters. It’s mildly dreadful and yet I’m still hooked, because treehouses!
2. How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
I tend to write them pretty shortly after I finish a book, and put them straight up on goodreads using my phone. So anything between 10 and 30 minutes? Depends on the review! Sometimes I like to think about it. In terms of how long it takes to write up a review blog post, not too long really as I’ve done the hard work 😉
3. When did you start your book blog?
September 2017 I think 🙂
4. What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
I actually really enjoy it, the hardest thing for me was setting it all up – I’m still not 100% happy with the look of the blog, but I am awful with graphics and design, so I am not sure how to fix it lol. But other than that, I really enjoy it. The worst thing on the regular is probably thinking of non book review posts to do so that I dont have to read a book every couple of days haha! But with unboxings and the odd book tag, I find it works out okay.
5. What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Everything! I love reviewing books, so getting my reviews out there is great. I’m only just really beginning to interact more widely with the community, but everyone is so friendly! (Hi Crone Bloggers!)
6. What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
Ha, no idea! Probably my most anticipated reads for this year, though I would like to note that the post ended up costing me a pretty penny as I pre-ordered all the books on it! 😀
7. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
Definitely reviews! That’s why I started doing this, after all.
8. When do you typically write?
Ha, whenever I get time. I tend to write a bunch at once and schedule them so I dont have to do it every other day or anything.
9. Do you review every book you read?
Basically yes. On goodreads, yes. The only one I didn’t was one I read for work lol. Here, I don’t always post all my reviews – sequels don’t always make the cut (it’s so hard to write more than a setence or two for some without spoiling the rest of the series!) and short reviews sometimes don’t. I try to write reviews that are long enough that I want to include them here though, so I would say 95% are here.
10. How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
As I said above, it’s mostly when I have time, while watching TV. I don’t write cuddling my cat, Lily, but she does sometimes come and sit on my hands while I am writing which makes it much harder!
11. When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
Pretty much straight away! I forget too much otherwise lol.
12. How often do you post?
I try and post every other day. Occasionally if I have a review to post I will fill that gap if I can’t be bothered to move things around, or if an unboxing will be getting too old if I put it at the end of the queue. I’d like to post 5+ times a week but I’m just not sure I’m all that interesting lol 😉 And I certainly don’t think I could review any more books!
That’s it! Thanks for reading! I did this for fun so am not tagging anyone, but feel free to steal it if you’d like to have a go. I really enjoyed doing this 🙂